Quality systems are, in a very simple way, control systems applied to human activities. They are basically a method, a system of rules to make “good” something. This something is the quality of products/services derived from a proper production process.
A system is the result of its components that must be an orderly succession subsystems.
In a highly schematic way, you can simplify the decomposition of the system into subsystems, is realized through proper and thorough analysis and implementation of processes and procedures corresponding to the sequence of the following questions: What am I to do? / How should I do it? / Is matching what I did with what I had to do?
Corporate quality policy: a guide and a method for the implementation of production processes
- Satisfactions and expectations of the stakeholders.
- Respects of contractual terms.
- compliance with directives, rules, regulations and laws.
- The involvement of all staff.
- The continuous improvement.
- The efficacy and efficiency in the realization of the work.
Through the integrated management system-SGI-Anese Srl exerts its corporate policy with reference to the UNI EN ISO 9001:2015 with regard to quality management; the UNI EN ISO 14001:2015 for environmental management and OHSAS 18001:2007 for health and safety of workers.
The quality control lets you define all business areas that have a consequential activity; in this way, you can generate added value by defining their interactions and, through their monitoring, you can ensure, at all times, operation and control.
The policy on quality control is not confined only to provide a set of rules and procedures, but also defines the objectives that are measurable using indicators.
A case in point are the indexes of frequency and severity of injuries, which have shown a positive trend in accident reduction; the annual increase of calls for participation in tenders, or demonstrating to the customer to the completion of the work “professionally”, due to the geometrical measurement of works done and their graphical representation with the drafting of “As built” drawings and numerical tables.
The occupational health and safety policy is defined by the top management.
It indicates the vision, the values and beliefs of the company regarding safety in the workplace.
In addition, defines the aims, principles and goals to achieve. The top management of the company is committed to promote and create awareness among all staff of the result to be achieved, so that it is motivated by an organic and responsible commitment.
The set of these policies produces an effect inside and outside the company:
- the inner one is the increase in the quality of the working environment, thanks to the attention and the Organization of the safety and health protection to employees and third parties in General.
- The external effect is a strengthening of corporate image for promotional purposes, enhancing the reputation of its principals, explaining their important corporate values as a continuous search for improvement, through the will to seek preventive than corrective action.
We from Anese
Anese Srl fully respects the principles of the abovementioned Directives through the following actions:
- ensuring that its own activities and those undertaken by subcontracted companies cooperating with it, are carried out in accordance and compliance with the mandatory provisions of the law on the subject, and any additional codes of good practice, subscribed as contractual acts.
- implementing and maintaining an effective environmental management system.
- Implementing every effort in terms of organization, technology, and operations to prevent aspects of possible water, air and soil pollution, and less impact on socio-economic aspects that have an explication in contexts territorial in that it will work.
- Minimize, as far as technically feasible and economically viable, energy and water consumption and waste production; fostering the recovery, reclamation and the reuse of materials.
- researching and defining new and greater environmental objectives.
- Periodical training activities and training.
The concepts above treaties that deal with the topic of business quality quite simplified, serve to explain that the creation and implementation of an integrated management system -SGI- manages to trigger a virtuous process that automatically activated.
In fact, what began as the need to provide an organizational structure to the company system, also trying to qualify more ambitious and more stringent standards, initiates a mechanism that leads to continuous improvement both in terms of theoretical and practical skills, enhance production efficiency, save resources and money.
Also in parallel you get increased security, the environment and above all to workers.
Finally, as mentioned above, all of this reinforces the corporate image and allows growth of the structure and expansion of its activities.